PLEASE ASK FOR HELP BEFORE ASSUMING ANYTHING. It is better to ask first before giving false information or doing something incorrectly as this is a complicated time sensitive process.
Send your merchant the Apple Dev Account form (MAM’s click here for template)
Once the merchant completes it:
- Check quality of the drivers license (must be legible and current/not expired)
- Check proof of ownership (it must have the name of the business, the name of the owner on the driver’s license, and it must contain a legal signature/stamp)
- Check work email address if they chose Business Entity (it cannot be gmail, yahoo, etc)
- Please work with the merchant until all info/files are acceptable
Once you receive all required items from the merchant:
- Request what day/time you can call the merchant to begin the process (the call will only take 5 minutes)
- Create a folder within the specific merchant’s folder on the server and name it “9_Apple_Developer_Account”
- Save the driver’s license into that folder and rename it “businessname_ESP#_driverslicense”
- Save the proof of ownership file into that folder and rename it “businessname_ESP#_proofofownership”
Once you schedule a day/time to call the merchant:
- Call the merchant to create a Yahoo email account (be sure they have their cell phone with them)
- Go to Yahoo.com
- Click “Create Account”
- Use the merchant’s information (First and Last Name, birthday, cell phone number) for the account
- Email address must be formatted to [email protected] (cannot be more than 21 characters before the “@yahoo.com” or you will receive an error message)
- Password must be [email protected]!
- Click “Continue”
- Click to text the merchant the code
- Inform merchant they will receive a text and to give you the code
- Enter the code provided by the merchant and complete the account
- When Yahoo says account has been confirmed, you are done and can end the call
- Please note Yahoo Email Address and Password in Appflow Description notes
- Contact Carleen to schedule a time when she can be free to help you with the next step, which is creating a unique Apple ID for the business (you do not need to call her, you just need to confirm that she will be free to send you a time sensitive code)
Once you schedule a day/time with Carleen:
- At the time you scheduled with Carleen, go to https://appleid.apple.com/account#!&page=create
- Complete the name and birthday from the driver’s license image submitted by the merchant on the form
- If your account is not located within the United States, be sure to select the appropriate country found at the top of the Apple ID form
- Use the email address that you created for them through Yahoo ([email protected])
- Password is [email protected]
- Ask Carleen what phone number to enter in the phone number field. Once provided, enter it and keep “Text Message” selected
- Type the characters in the image
- Click “continue”
- EMAIL VERIFICATION: Apple will send an email to the Yahoo email address you created listed on the Apple ID signup form. Go to the Yahoo email inbox and find the code. Enter the code for Apple
- PHONE VERIFICATION: a code will be sent via text message to the number you entered previously and a screen will pop up with a place for you to enter this code. Ask Carleen to send you the time sensitive code she receives and enter it into the pop up
- Complete the form
Submit the Apple Developer Account request to Carleen:
- Complete the template below with all applicable information
- Copy/Paste filled out template into the bottom of the Appflow description box
- Copy/paste filled out template into a maintenance task for Carleen labeled “Create Apple Developer Account”
- Copy/pate filled out template into an email to Carleen/Emily with the drivers license and proof of ownership files (Please make sure the files are named properly and added as ATTACHMENTS. Do not add them into the body of the email. They must be legible and current/not expired.)
Developer Account Needed: (insert the words “I CONFIRM” after you have checked Provisioning to make sure that they are not already in their own developer account)
Apple ID: (insert the TLS created yahoo email ie; [email protected])
Driver’s license received and in merchant folder: insert date
Proof of Ownership Documentation received and in merchant folder: insert date
Sole Proprietor or Business Entity: insert type of account merchant has chosen-this can be found on the wufoo form
(Copy and paste the below into Appflow Description Box, AF Maintenance Task, and the email to Carleen, even if they chose sole proprietor. Simply leave them blank if they do not need to be filled out)
Legal Entity Name: (Include the entity type, such as Inc., LLC, GmbH, etc.)
Headquarters Phone: (including extension if necessary)
Work Email: (cannot be yahoo/gmail/Hotmail or any other free email service provider)
Submitted to Carleen: insert date
Who is responsible for FIRST YEAR $99 Annual Fee? (Merchant or TLS) Please note if the merchant already paid for the first year with a signed contract.
Who is responsible for ALL FUTURE $99 Annual Fees?: (Merchant or TLS) Please note that the merchant should always be responsible, unless otherwise approved by Sloan.
EMAIL YOUR MERCHANT:
Subject: Your Apple Developer Account Submission (Business Name Acct#)
CC: Rep, Emily, Milestones
Your Apple Developer Account request has been submitted! We will keep you posted on the process and let you know when complete. Apple may need to call you (the owner) to verify owner identity. These calls are usually short and simple. Apple may ask you to login to your account to follow next steps but please tell them that you only want to resolve whatever they need over the phone (owner identity) and that after the call you will continue working with your developer (us) to complete what is needed inside of the account online. We will take care of the rest!
If needed, here is your Apple ID: (paste here)
WHAT TO EXPECT AFTER SUBMITTING THE REQUEST:
Carleen will enter the info into Apple’s platform and begin the Apple Developer Account process once she receives your task/email. She will email you updates as they occur. She will let you know of any hiccups, like if they need a clearer drivers license, different proof of ownership, or even if the legal entity name and DUNS do not match up. She will also let you know if Apple needs to speak with your merchant to confirm owner identity. She will also let you know if Apple rejects the request and why. If there are any bumps in the road, you will work together with Carleen and the merchant to appease Apple. Apple Developer Account requests are time sensitive, so if too much time passes without acquiring what is needed for Apple to continue processing the request, it is possible for them to cancel the request. If they cancel the request, we would need to resubmit a new request to Apple. Be diligent about following up with our merchant for what you need to move forward. If all goes well, Carleen will complete the task in AF. Once you receive the notice that the task was returned to you, this means that the dev account has been created and you can proceed with a resubmission task if necessary. Please note that the transfer of an account from the TLS developer account to the merchant’s developer account is NOT A RESUBMISSION. If you need to resubmit the App, you need to follow the Resubmission steps in a different blog post. If you have not heard anything from her regarding the status of your request within 5 business day(s), you may reach out for an update.
IF/WHEN APPLE NEEDS TO SPEAK WITH THE MERCHANT:
Carleen will email you if/when this is needed. Because Carleen is the one that has to schedule the call with Apple and that can only be done at the exact time we want Apple to call the merchant, you will need to coordinate a time that works for both the merchant and Carleen. Carleen will supply you with 3 different days/times that work for her. You will provide those to the merchant for them to choose from.
EMAIL YOUR MERCHANT:
Subject: (URGENT) Your Apple Developer Account Submission (Business Name Acct#)
CC: Rep, Emily, Milestones
Apple is requiring to speak with you by phone to confirm you match with the owner information we submitted on your behalf. Please choose one of the days/times below in which you can be available for Apple to call you, and which number you’d like them to call. They will call you pretty much right on the dot. These calls are usually short and simple. Apple may ask you to login to your account to follow next steps but please tell them that you only want to confirm owner identity and that you will continue working with your developer (us) to complete next steps. We will take care of the rest!
Day/Time #1: (provided by Carleen)
Day/Time #2: (provided by Carleen)
Day/Time #3: (provided by Carleen)
Please also note that this is now time sensitive! If too much time goes by without Apple making contact with you and completing these next steps, they will cancel your entire enrollment and we will need to start over from the very beginning.
If needed, here is your Apple ID: (paste here)
Once Apple processes/approves the request:
- Carleen will notify you and Finance that the account was transferred into it’s own developer account. Finance will bill the merchant the $99 fee on their next billing statement. If Finance needs proof that you emailed the merchant a notice of the annual fee, you can send them the email you saved in the merchant folder when you first sent them the Apple Developer Account form/template.
- Once notified of approval/completion, please update the notes at the bottom of the Appflow Description box and add the appropriate Apple Developer Account tag in Appflow, identifying it as a Sole Proprietor or Business Entity.
If the App requires a Resubmission, please follow those steps here.