At times merchants may want or need to send us large files of images, or maybe even many files that are simply unable to be sent via standard email due to the size. Before the security settings that had been added to our computers, merchants would often send via dropbox or other similar programs. Since most (or all) of us no longer have access to those types of programs anymore, here is how you can use your OneDrive to your advantage.
- Open your OneDrive folder.
- Create a new folder to be used just for this merchant. Probably best to name the folder the name of the business.
- Right click on the folder and select “Share” (not Share with…).
- Make sure the setting is selected to only allow those you specify to have access to the folder.
- Enter the email address(es) of the individuals you’d like to allow access.
- Those recipients will receive an email from Sharepoint with the invite.
- They will be prompted to confirm their email address and will be emailed a second time with a code.
- They will enter that code and the share will be complete.
- From there they can upload files directly into the folder and all who are involved will be able to access those files.