Super Bowl and Team Names are Trademarked. Use these guidelines for reference.
We wanted to remind everyone that the term “Super Bowl” is trademarked and CANNOT be used in advertising. Here are some workaround suggestions:
- The Big Game
- The Biggest Event in Football
- The Pro Football Showdown
- Pro Football’s Championship Game
You also cannot say the team name, only the city.
- Example of CORRECT Verbiage: Philadelphia
- Example of INCORRECT Verbiage: Philadelphia Eagles
If a merchant requests to use a team name, logo, or NFL specifically, we need to ask for some kind of proof that this advertiser is a licensed partner so that we can keep it on file. If they do not have documentation, we cannot use/say it. It can be helpful to look back at past ads or print to see if they have run the logos/products before.
Vericast respects the Intellectual Property of others and will not knowingly infringe the Intellectual Property rights of others. Advertising that includes the trademarks, trade names, logos, images, copyrights, or other intellectual property of others should be carefully reviewed. If advertising material is provided to Vericast directly by clients, you may rely on the client’s duty to obtain any necessary permissions or consents from third parties. In such cases, Vericast retains the right to request proof of such permissions. Instances of comparative advertising should be approved in advance by the Product Manager for the appropriate product.
That said, this is a GREAT opportunity to promote your business and get people in the door! Below are some promo suggestions:
- If you cater, promote it! Lots of people host Super Bowl parties and don’t want the hassle of cooking on Game Day.
- If you have TV’s, let everyone know you’ll be showing the game! Who doesn’t want to watch the 50th Super Bowl on a big screen!?
- Offer specials! Your competitors are going to be showing the game too, make your customers an offer they can’t refuse to entice them to watch the game with you. Run Appetizer specials, drink specials, special game day menu, etc.
- The ladies are not always into the big game. Use this opportunity to promote your services!
Example: While your man’s watching the game, come to us for some pampering!